Search Abstract

Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Rabbit Has Leaked!



So the long awaited 2010 Frightened Rabbit - The Winter of Mixed Drinks has LEAKED!
Long awaited for me anyway lol but ONE thing is really bothering me... Over produced! Someone thought they should have a "Coldplay" sound... FUCK THAT! It sounds "mainstream" and what can I say they're becoming "mainstream." I don't want it to happen but one things for sure, its happening! ONE thing I rather enjoy is that they seemed to have taken the Brand New - Daisy approach, there's those great intimate Bongripper moments. If you don't know what i'm talking about, do some research =]

They have already come a long way with only 3 full lengths under their belt, The Midnight Organ Fight was so good that I personally ended up seeing them 4 times on that tour and only continued to listen the whole album at least 2 times day. Now this album might not get as much love, but I still think its pretty fucking good. And I think their "indie" fans can still get their fill. Hopefully the next album won't be a complete sell out.

With that said, you can't go to one of their videos without at least one person saying "I can't believe they're not huge" well here you go, its coming! SO! I like the album! Download it! Buy it! Especially on vinyl!


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment